How can we help?
Search for answers or browse our knowledge base
To be performed for each of the GTServer services running on the :
Check that the GTServer service is started.
- Check that the GTServer service can access the databases: GT base and client base (a test can be performed via GTAdmin by logging in with the service account using the Test button in each of the GT base and client base tabs).
- Verify that the GTServer service can talk to the mailbox for sending (a test can be performed using the Test button of the sending configuration in the GTAdmin Mail tab) and can talk to the mailbox for receiving (using the Test button of the receiving configuration in the GTAdmin Mail tab).
- Check the client/server connection by connecting with the GTAnswer module from another machine than the server.
- Check the Windows log of the service (presence of error type entry)
- Check the service file execution log (presence of [ERR] or [WARN] type entry)
- Launch via automation the polling launch, campaign launch, SQL execution action and restitution launch tasks provided in the instance’s test set. Example powershell scripts are provided. These scripts must be reconfigured (see comments in the scripts) to connect to the GTServer instance you want to ensure its operation. Be careful, in case of repeated executions of the campaign launch and recovery actions, mails are sent to an email address, these mails should be purged from the destination mailbox.
- Launch via automation the polling script from another machine than the server to check the client/server dialog. GTAnswer must be installed on the client machine to be able to use the automation assembly.
Note: Dialoguing with the automation .NET assembly (via Powershell scripts or any .NET program) requires an automation license declared in the license of the GTServer instance.
Service of the web server hosting GTWeb
The monitoring of this module should only be set up if the GTWeb module is installed and used (for the transmission of responses, for synchronization, for the transmission of the SetupAnswer and for the communication between GTserver and GTAnswer).
- Check your web server’s service startup
- proud access to the “publication url” of the service. This url is specified in the GTAdmin Mail tab and gives you access, via a web browser, to the GTServer client web interface. This url is case sensitive.